Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Oh no not another evangelical christian… Part Two

Fourth Thought:

“Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Yahweh slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!”

This one I think boils down to either two things. The first being that many Christians don’t even read the Bible and so aren’t even aware of these sort of stories and the second being I believe, a misunderstanding of the scriptures. I myself am one of those ‘evangelical’ Christians who are against atrocities attrituted to Allah. Many of those who make use of this argument forget to take the ‘time period’ into consideration.

Large killings were common in ancient times… large killings are not common in today’s times. Do I need to point it out any further?
Do you agree with this fourth thought?

Fifth thought:

“You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.”

This is what makes Christianity so unique and different from other faiths. Again there is nothing else I can suggest here but to respect and love others of different religions. We may think that their faith stories are strange and unusual, but just how unusual is our story to them? It took me many years before I finally accepted the fact that Christ was born of a virgin and that he died and rose after 3 days. I now believe whole heartedly that Jesus is the only way to the Father (Just to clear that up before I start getting more of those threatening emails!).

Were you easily convinced regarding the virgin birth?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics