Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It came from within!

I recently began reading, “It came from within!” by Andy Stanley. Great book so far… The first chapter really got me thinking and so I thought I would share some of those with you.

Ultimately if I were to sum up the chapter into one sentence or rather question, it would be this: “How is your heart doing?” or “What is the condition of your heart?”

The reason why this is such an important question and should be an important question is based on Ezekiel 36:26 - “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”

This is a rather interesting statement. What makes it even more interesting as Andy points out; it was stated after the people were given the 10 commandments. “Clearly it wasn’t enough for them to know what to do; they needed to change from the inside out in order to follow through” (26).

So, what does this mean to you and I?

It means that just as we have to, they to had to “drop the public persona and become one whole and healthy person.”

So many of us who have accepted Christ have opened the front door of our hearts to him welcoming him into our lives, yet we’ve never allowed him access into certain areas of our hearts. That in simple English is why our relationships take strain…

Just how much access does he have in your heart? Are you living the lives of 2 people as I often have?
I often find myself saying, “I can’t believe I just said that.” Truth is it shouldn’t be such a shock to me as it reveals the condition of my heart…

So on that note I ask, how is your heart? Is your heart able to keep up with your outward obedience?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics