Monday, August 4, 2008

THE PARADOXICAL COMMANDMENTS OF LEADERSHIP

One of the books I’m reading as part of research for my thesis is “The 4 Pillars of Leadership” by John C. Maxwell. I’m not really that far into it yet, but I came across a passage which I found to be quite challenging. It made me think of how I go about my daily life… it made me think what I do on a day to day basis… it made me think about what my reasoning behind living life is on a day to day basis… and, it made me think of what you would think…

Enjoy…


THE PARADOXICAL COMMANDMENTS OF LEADERSHIP

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered – love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives – do good anyway.

If you’re successful, you’ll win false friends and true enemies – succeed anyway.

The good you do today will perhaps be forgotten tomorrow – do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable – be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest man with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest man with the smallest mind – think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only hot dogs – fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight – build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you help them – help them anyway.

Give the world the best that you have and you will get kicked in the teeth – give the world the best that you have anyway.

If better is possible, then good is not enough.

Cited from Maxwell, J.C. 2008. The 4 Pillars of Leadership. Cape Town: Struik Christian Books. (Pages 23-24).

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Good Words...I guess I will trudge on!

 
Clicky Web Analytics