Tuesday, August 12, 2008

It’s the anthem of the Lord’s renown…

Music speaks to my inner soul when nothing else can… it really does… I don't know how, but it does. Music allows me to experience things deeper within myself. It allows me to explore myself. It's almost as if it's the key to a complete different world, only to be found deep within my own heart.

Perhaps this is why music is considered to be the most influential tool with regards to worship sessions. Perhaps, these worship experts (as my one mate refers to them rather sarcastically) actually have a point. Music seems to have its own way of taking us to another level. A level where we all seem to enter into another dimension of some sort. We've all been there at least once I'm sure. Whether we were listening to Eminem, Frank Sinatra or The David Crowder Band, we've all closed our eyes and in some way or another experienced all our emotions collide into one.

Now, I'm usually one of the first people to argue the point that worship is not about the music, so believe me when I say that I'm not trying to say that worship is all about the music. I'm just questioning whether God's intention was for music to take us to another level more than anything else? More than anything else we use in order to worship. We (and usually more I) are always stressing the point that we don't need music to worship God. I still stand by that statement 100%.

What I am saying is that, without music, would we truly be able to experience Gods presence the way that we usually experience his/her presence during a musical worship session? Maybe it's just me and then again maybe not. Maybe I just don't seem to get it when it comes to worshiping God in other forms. Maybe I just don't get it when it comes to worship at all.

True, I have experienced Gods presence in other places. But, not during a worship session. I have come face to face with my God, and that was an experience of a lifetime. It was incredible and still is incredible. There was no music anywhere within the picture. I just experienced his love.

Are any of you with me? Do you get what I'm trying to explain and at the same time ask?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics