Friday, August 29, 2008

Come meet my far away friends!!!

Have you ever attended a gathering that you just can’t forget about. Can you remember the friends, the laughter…. aah, the good times. What if you could attend a gathering and not actually be there?

Huh?

I mean, what if you could attend a gathering with friends right from the comfort of your very own home!

As I write my thesis on cyber discipleship, I have come to learn of the special relationships one can build over the internet. I have been so fortunate to have met some interesting people and have now built wonderful friendships with them. Where have I made these friendships?

Well you probably think I’m joking when I tell you!

After being introduced to LifeChurch.tv through a friend of mine by means of a podcast, I decided to check the churches site out. It just so happened to be the perfect time for me as I happened to log onto the site whilst LifeChurch.tv was live. The site said that one could do church over the internet! “Yeah right, this I gotta see” I thought to myself…

After attending my first online service I decided to do what Brandon, the internet campus pastor suggested and that was to pop into the lobby and say hi. I was really made to feel welcome and accepted from the second I stepped (or should I say logged) in. I can still remember asking Brandon if he didn’t find it weird that he sits in front of a computer chatting to it for hours on end and he simply responded, “Not at all. I’m not talking to a computer, I’m talking to real people.” That stuck with me and encouraged me to return… that was nearly 2 years ago…

I was so encouraged and so inspired that I eventually ended up becoming a regular attendee. I’m now a regular volunteer and help out where I can. LifeChurch.tv has given me an opportunity to be the church in my own area even though we meet over the internet! We even meet with people online once a week and have discussions about life and the Bible… Being apart of the global Church has never been so easy and so much fun! We have friends from all over the world…

Real people… Real relationships… Real change… they seem to really have it

Why not join myself and Megan at 10am this Sunday Morning (South African time) or any other time that suits you better and come and find out just exactly what “it” is! You have a choice of seven times!!! What more could you ask for, a church which meets when you can, where you can

Think it’s just me?

Check out these guys as they share their online experiences:

Chris and Dana: http://byers.bluedoor.tv/

Brandon and Christi: http://embracingthefriction.blogspot.com/

Jim: http://fortyweight.wordpress.com/

Brian: http://www.brianbaute.com/archives/2008/08/internet-campus.php

4 comments:

jim martin said...

Hey Jason, this is Jim from the Fortyweight blog. Thanks for the mention and link.

Lifechurch.tv internet campus is a great "place" to worship isn't it?

Its very cool that you, in South Africa, and I, in Arizona USA, are worshipping together, even if its not at the same time.

Jason said...

Hey Jim...

No worries! I just love the concept of being able to worship with so many other believers from all over the world!!!

Thankyou LifeChurch.tv!!!

Christi said...

You are a great friend, indeed!! Thanks for mentioning us! We are proud to call you our friend from South Africa :)

Jason said...

aaah.... Christi, you just to sweet... :) If I ever start a company that makes sugar, I'll name it after you! :P

 
Clicky Web Analytics