Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Clean your movie life up!!!

Whilst browsing the web I came across an interesting site offering a new DVD player. It seems like it is only available in the States, but I’m sure once it really takes off, it will be available all over the world.

Apparently the DVD player has adjustable settings towards violence, language and sexuality. One can set the DVD player to cut out swearing, bad violence and various sex scenes. The DVD player is predominantly aimed at parents in order to try keep the movies their kids watch pure.

After reading the operating techniques surrounding the DVD player, I thought that it would really interrupt ones viewing. Rather, after viewing the short sample video on the website, I was amazed. The only thing I noticed was the sudden cut out of a bad word. The sample clip was of a scene taken from the Matrix.

In the original clip you hear the swearing and view some violent fighting. In the “Clear Play” clip, the clip was much shorter than the original. Had I not seen the original, I would not have known that they had cut out the violent parts of the movie.

In my honest opinion, I think this is a remarkable invention!

What do you think? Do you think it’s a good idea for family’s to start making use of the Clear Play DVD player?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics