Friday, December 12, 2008

A Changed Man: Brian 'Head' Welch

For years I followed KoRn as a young guy at school. If you aren’t aware of who KoRn is, then I suppose the best way I could describe them is: a hard rock / metal band. I aboslutley loved their stuff.

Despite my KoRn addiction (if I can call it that), I reached a point where the lyrics just really rubbed against me. The lyrics just seemed to go against my life philosophy and so I finally gave up my KoRn. Sounds funny I know… I still believe that these guys are so gifted musically and can’t wait to see what God can do through them musically…

Imagine my surprise and joy when Brian Head Welch announced his coming to Christ. I was over the moon!!! This dudes testimony is insane!!!! I was so encouraged by his story, I could not but just worship the living God. Man, He is soooo real. Don’t believe me? Watch Head’s story posted here or here to see what I’m talking about.

The exciting bit is the fact he’s just started his own record label and has just recently released his first album!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! If you’re into heavy music you can get his new album here. You can also get his life story here.


If anyone wants to get me a really cool Christmas present, I’d be quite happy with either the book or the CD… I’m even open to second hand books… hint hint Justine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude! I could have written that post. I was a KoRn nut! (HA! get it? huh? do ya? lol) I can't even tell you how many KoRn concerts I went to, until I reached that very same point where I just felt like it wasn't somewhere I should be. I was SO excited when the news came out about him. I'm definitely going to check out the book and the new album.

Jason said...

It's sooo worth it Anya! Head is a legend!!! I can't wait to get his cd and book... Anyone wanna get me a really cool Christmas gift?!?!?!

 
Clicky Web Analytics