Friday, December 19, 2008

“Boesak has shown his true colours” – Carl Niehaus

The ruling party’s Carl Niehaus said Boesak had shown his true colours.” - JP du Plessis


Whilst working today and casually listening to the news I came across a story which shocked me! I’ve never truly been one to follow politics, but over the past couple of days, I’ve been sitting on the edge of my seat watching and hoping that South Africa’s newest and freshest political party, COPE would change South Africa. I was strongly considering giving them my vote, that was until Alan Boesak was taken on.


Firstly, let me point out that I am completely shocked by this move! How can a political party fighting against corruption hire and employ a convicted criminal? For those who are not aware, Boesak was found guilty of fraud and theft. However, due to a presidential pardon in 2005, his criminal record was expunged. Despite all this, Cope would like to make him the premier of the Western Cape… Aren’t we meant to be moving forward?


The second reason as to why COPE has lost my vote is due to Boesak’s recent actions. After reading this post by Eye Witness news, I question as to whether Boesak is honestly wanting to change South Africa or if he’s just looking for the highest paying position.


Is he in it for the money or is prepared to change South Africa? If the DA offered him a position as their receptionist, would he take it as a step into and towards changing SA?


I doubt it…


To read Boesak’s own words click here.


Will South African politics ever change for the better?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics