Thursday, November 6, 2008

Saving Private Ryan

I just finished watching Saving Private Ryan (I know I'm a bit behind!!). A rather rough movie to watch if you’re not into war movies… there was a lot of blood…but none the less I felt drawn to the story. It reminded me of my life as a follower of Christ within the Church.

The film covered many issues which we face in our day to day lives. Issues such as ethics, leadership etc. There are many things within the movie and I’m sure Glen, Rob and Wayne would have a filed trip with this one…


The one point I immediately connected with was the discussion on how one would respond to an officer who gave the platoon the mission. Depending on the rank, the responses changed. Kinda got me thinking about the life of the Christian… we moan and groan to the person sitting next to us but are polite and sincere to the pastor, bishop etc.


There is plenty in this film worthy of discussion. Issues such as faith and violence in one film… I’m always keen for a chat and some coffee if you wanna explore the movie further.


Otherwise, what did you guys think of the movie?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics