Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The stuff legends are made of...

It would seem that the South African Paralympic team know how to get things done! I can’t help but find these athletes incredibly inspiring. At this moment we’re sitting with 4 gold and 1 bronze medal! Well done guys! Charl Bouwer, Natalie du Toit, Oscar Pistorius and the rest of team SA are incredible role models. They have in so many ways (obviously unaware of the fact) taught me many great lessons. So many times I have found myself in a ditch just wanting to give up. Even if I knew that if I held on, the end would hold something sweeter than I’d ever tasted before. They didn’t give up.

I love this piece of writing about South African Oscar Pistorius. It really grasps the heart of what I’m trying to say…

“Because he is not the best of starters, it looked as if the race had got away from him, as Jerome Singleton of the United States approached the line beating his chest in triumph. But the man they call “Blade Runner” for the pair of prosthetics he wears after losing both his lower legs as an infant to a birth defect has a gear that only really kicks in after about 80m, and he came flying past the surprised Singleton.” (www.supersport.co.za)

I can’t help but wonder, what is it these guys have that we don’t?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics