Friday, September 12, 2008

Pull your socks up and get your act into gear!

I was listening to an old Catalyst podcast today which I found in my archives. Gabe Lyons was interviewing Rob Bell and of course, when Rob speaks I listen (purely because if you miss one thing you can’t understand him). I find Rob to be incredibly deep and just as Gabe shares in the beginning of the podcast, “I’m gonna need to go back and listen to it at least another 2-3 times to get through all of the content. Rob is incredibly deep.”

Rob posed a question which really got me thinking. He asked, “If your church had to leave the city/town that it is situated in, would anyone notice? Would any non-believers from your town grieve at the loss of your church?”

Tough question…

I changed it a bit and tried to personalize the question…

If I left my home town today, who would notice? Who would grieve my leaving? Would any non-believers grieve?

Of course, Rob has forced me to go back to the drawing bored to see where it is I’ve gone wrong. Am I really following Jesus? Am I really following His commands? How is my life any different to those who choose not to believe in Jesus and His works? Am I really any different?

The more I explore these questions, the more I realize I need to pull my socks up and (in the words of my mother) get my act into gear…

How about you? If you had to leave your town today, would anyone notice?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics