Monday, August 17, 2009

My final week under House Arrest (2 of 7)

My apologies for not posting this yesterday! Today will I will do a double post to get you all back to speed.With that said, this is the second installment of "House Arrest."

House Arrest (2 of 4)

So what does being under house arrest mean?

Well, being under house arrest is really not as bad as many seem to think it is. Although, I must admit I am better off then many others who are under house arrest. Basically what being under house arrest means is that I’m in jail but not really in jail. Thank God for that!!! In my case, my jail cell is my house.

With the jail concept in mind, you’ll now begin to understand the various rights that have been taken away from me. So, I’m therefore not allowed off my property unless I have been granted permission by my parole officer. At times this can be a pain, but at others, it sometimes is beneficial for me. Obviously because I’m under house arrest my entire life has not been taken away from me. Therefore, I am still expected to make money in order to survive as well as obtain an education for myself.

With this in mind, I am therefore ONLY allowed to be on one of the following properties: My college campus, my employers property, my house and then once a week I am entitled to attend a church service. On Saturdays, I am then required to do a min of 5 hours community service at my local police station. These generally means basic clean up of the station. After my community service, I am granted 5 hours free time (which I get on a weekly basis) to do with as I please. Oh and before I forget, I don’t wear a ankle bracelet like the Americans do (Thank God!!!). I just get surprise checks at my residence by various correctional officers… You get used to them after a while, even if it’s at 3am…

I hope this in some way helps to explain what it means for one to be under house arrest… Tomorrow I will share how it is that I’ve trained myself to remain calm and focused. I’ll share what it is that I do to keep my mind in shape and how I actually enjoy my time at home…

Have you got any questions relating house arrest? Have you experienced anything similar or know of someone who has?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics