Monday, April 27, 2009

From the void

This past week I received an email which I thought I'd share with you guys... For obvious reasons I've removed any personal information that she shared within the message.

Below is the email:

Hi there

Well the time has dawned that I have run out of my own pearls of wisdom and require some guidance from a respected source. So technically I am asking this of you, not as my friend, but on a professional basis so to speak.
(Alternatively a good kick up the arse would also be appreciated)

So the reality of the situation is as follows... over the last 6 mths I've tried to indulge in the boys that have been throwing themselves at me (LOL as they do of course). But nothing seems to be working.

The problem in a nutshell is that I just don't feel anything - there is no spark, no emotional attachment. The thing that I do feel is that there is a void and lack of emotion. Clearly guilt is not far behind as these guys really do like me and would like to have a meaningful interaction or relationship but I just don't 'feel' it. And trust me it isn't for lack of trying... I try and spend as much time in their company, even indulge in some fun activites and yes physical contact....but I just don't feel anything emotional.

So this is my dilemma - do I settle and hope that at some point in being with someone the emotion will come back, or do I continue to try everyone on, searching for someone who will actually somehow get an emotional reaction out of me?

Please don't give me the age old time will heal all pains speech or the everything happens for a reason blah blah because frankly it provides no sense of comfort or reassurance. (And yes I have stopped the daily crying over ***** and really feel that I have moved on, all's forgiven and I have accepted my fate but for some reason that hasn't lifted this feeling of being a void!)

I'm sorry to be requesting this from you but hey at least its not asking you to come up with world peace! Perhaps your blog crowd would be able to come up with some interesting opninions/suggestions. "When you have loved & lost the One, do you settle for someone who thinks you are the One or do you keep searching till you find another One" ???

From the void
*****

If you have any questions answered by her, I will mail her and post her response, unless she requests that I don't post it.

I have my own ideas and opinions as to what I think she could consider doing but she also wants to know what you guys think... so, what do you think?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics