Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Follow Me...

I have just recently started a new job. After studying Theology (and still doing so) many have asked why it is that I went the way I did.

Honestly I went the way I did for 2 reasons. The first seems to be more accepted than the second but I’ll share them with you.

The first reason was the income. Compared to all the ‘theological’ careers I could have taken, my current job was the only one that would support me and my up and coming wedding.

Most people like that one…

The second causes issues for many Christians…

I took the job and turned down pastoral positions because I felt that it was the right thing to do. Many think that I should’ve taken the positions that were offered. I couldn’t, I just never felt ‘right’ about them.

To be honest, I never really accepted that reason whole heartedly either and so prayed and prayed and prayed about it… Did I mention I prayed about it? You get my point…

Last night I finally got my answer… It’s kinda weird how you can be reading something and then BOOM, the words just lift off the page and you KNOW that was meant for you.

This is what I read…

Psalm 32:8-9
8 The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.9 Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control."

So, finally… my heart is at peace and I know I’m doing the right thing!

Have you ever had a ‘smack in the face’ whilst reading the Bible?

3 comments:

Steven said...

so, where u working then?

Megan said...

Hey Steven, check out the company website: www.adreach.co.za

Jason said...

Thanks Megs :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics