Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Church unites in action to reach our world

A SHORT MESSAGE TO ALL PASTORS AND CHURCH LEADERS

We pray to Jesus asking Him to answer our prayers—what if we became the answer to His? In John 17:20-24, He prayed that we would be one, and One Prayer is an opportunity to see what can be accomplished when the Church works together.

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:

23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

In June 2008, God worked in amazing ways as more than two million believers stood together to pray, fast, learn, and love others. This year, we'll be joining forces once again for an extraordinary worldwide experience: One Prayer 2009. Beginning the first weekend in June, we'll come together for four weeks as we learn more about our Creator and go out into the world to share, serve and give.

We'll partner around the globe and explore the theme "God is …”

We're looking forward to hearing what the gifted communicators participating in One Prayer have to say about this topic through messages like, "God is Powerful," "God is a Fortress," "God is My Provider," and "God is Love."We are all running a church, what if we joined together and became the Church? Here are 2 questions for you to ponder over – “How big can you grow a church?" and “How big can God grow The Church?”

All sermons from all international speakers from the churches who choose to be involved will be available online for you to view and to use should you choose to.

There is no need for you to use these sermons if you feel uncomfortable with the speakers and their teaching. You can teach your message in relation to the theme, “God is” allowing you to stick too your churches doctrines.

The One Prayer series will provide opportunities for us all to join as one as we participate within our local community. We need ideas! Please share if you have any. Examples: Special offering towards Living Hope, painting and general maintenance of a school.

Life Church.tv will provide all promotional material for the series at no cost. Promotional material includes posters, pamphlets, video clips etc.

The series begins on June the 6-7 and can continue for as long as you choose it to. Most churches focus on 4 weeks where others have chosen to focus on either 6 or 8 weeks. The choice is yours!

Imagine what your home town will think as well as how they will respond when they see all the churches united as one for the month of June! Imagine the press coverage the Church would get through our city?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics