Monday, May 25, 2009

Uncle Scam wants you!

It's getting late... I don't usually blog this late but I really wanted to get this out in the open. I was amazed to see the story on the front page of the Cape Times titled, "Facebook users hit by scammers phishing attack."

It irritates me immensely how people do not think about what they are sharing on the net as well as what the links that they're clicking on.


I for one, do not click on any link that I feel uncomfortable with.

Emails are another area which irritate me... does it not seem weird when you get a email from some one you usually don't get an email from with the line, "Hey check this photo of you!" What about those emails from family members which are sooooo out of their character?


I know Hugh also gets frustrated with this kind of thing. I often come across blogs of his trying to explain to his readers who send him forwarded emails to open their eyes... eg. "You just won one million britian pound"


I've lost count of the times I've won a "million britian pound>"
Am I the only one who is annoyed by people who don't read things properly?

Disclaimer (I openly admit that I often make mistakes whilst reading - but there needs to be a point surely, where we can spot these scams?)

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics