Wednesday, May 6, 2009

0 to 100 in a matter of seconds…

I think the Church has a serious problem (nothing new there! LoL!!!). There seems to be two sides of the fence which one is expected to experience. Yet the climb over is to be done alone…

I’m talking about sex…

Christians believe that if you’re not married you should abstain. Keep to yourself. I agree whole heartedly in this as I am aware of the damage sexual relations can cause outside of marriage.

The other side of the fence is when one is in marriage. Here you are expected to have sex and if you aren’t having sexual intercourse with your partner, then the Church sees you as having marital problems. Oh and I’m all for the sex in marriage! :)

Here’s the issue: One moment you’re expected to be keeping to yourself and the next you’re expected to be going at it with full force.

What about the trip from not doing it at all to doing it at full throttle? Where is the guidance? Should there be any guidance?

Perhaps I’m the only one who thinks this way, but surely we as the Church should provide some sort of sexual guidance to the newly weds?

Your thoughts?

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics